Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pen Pals



Look, this lock down thing has been going for 24 days and it’s incredibly frustrating, boring, and terrible. I still have six days to go is the thing. Even though my agent told me I could start putting free time on my weekly schedule starting tomorrow, I feel like it’s a setup. I am not stupid, but I think the agents deal with a large amount of stupid people that wouldn’t do a quick calculation before submitting a schedule with free time before the 30-day restriction has ended. I don’t want to get caught up in a snowball that I can’t get out of. So, I will sit around for this last week and think about my actions and what a terrible person I am. Hahahaha, no, I’ll just watch a lot of Netflix and write when I come up with enough to do so.

That said, I don’t have any new material for this post, but I have a fun little thing I’ve started a couple days ago, and I might need your help. I thought back to prison and how much mail meant to us, and how disappointed we were every day our name wasn’t called or mail wasn’t on our beds or in our boxes. I’ve been writing to a few people in prison, but I bought this pack of 35 postcards on Amazon and I decided I need to send out 35 postcards in 35 days. I like writing by hand, exclusively when I don’t have to think about it which I don’t with so little space to fill. All I need now is people to send them to. I know a lot of people, but I don’t have many addresses. So, if you would like to receive a postcard from me, a paid author, in my very own handwriting, all you need to do is send me your information via Facebook or as a comment on this blog, however you want, and I’ll put you on the list. I think the U.S.P.S. is an underutilized asset in our country these days.

I’ve written two so far to relatives (I haven’t sent them yet because my special postcard stamps haven’t arrived (but Vince, why don’t you just go to the Post Office and buy them? Well, I’m on lock down super-secret double restriction, thanks for reminding me. I had to order the stamps from the internet.)), and I have a few planned but in all reality, I’m going to need like 20 more names and addresses.

I should also warn you that you may be one of the lucky few that doesn’t get one, and instead gets free incontinence samples or whatever random stuff I find on the freebie sites while I’m on break at work. Really, though, it’s a win either way for you.

And, since I do enjoy writing, I may just keep this going. I mean, why not share my thoughts using the soon to be lost art of cursive? Postcards are cheap and it doesn’t take long to write one out. Who knows, maybe I’ll go for 70 in 70! OK, that’s all I’ve got. Back to Netflix. You have your instructions.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...