Saturday, February 27, 2016

Counting Down



First off, I'd just like to remark that I cannot wait for this Presidential campaign to be over. For the first time it's not the candidates themselves that are pissing me off with their terrible advertisements, it’s people on Facebook. Nothing anybody has ever posted regarding anything has ever changed my mind regarding anything. The only time I was ever legally able to vote, I checked the box for our current President. I probably won’t ever vote again even if I ever do get my rights restored not because I don’t think my vote will matter, but because I just don’t care. Politics is dirty, and it gets people too worked up, and I don’t know a thing about it so I’m going to stop there.

A few things: I said in an earlier post that I was getting paid for having ads on my blog page. Well, you people are doing a fine job at it and I hope you continue to do so. I’ve made a whopping $14 in roughly three weeks. So, keep on clicking, because it’s funded my 35 in 35 postcard adventure, which is also going well. I still need some names, but I’m sure they will come. So far I’ve mailed to three counties, two states, and one country aside from ours, of course, with many more on the horizon.

The restriction is coming to an end this Monday, which means I can start my free time again on Tuesday. I scheduled four hours from 6-10pm. I don’t even know what I’m going to do, but I know I won’t be home, and that will be a nice change. If I’ve learned anything from being locked down for 30 fucking days, it’s that I probably wouldn’t do very well in solitary confinement. I was stir crazy here at home and I had plenty of entertainment resources. Many of you have read Six Days in the Hole, my experience upon arriving at Moose Lake prison about 13 months ago. I cannot envisage what I would have been like after 30 days of complete quarantine.


It’s not the end of the world. And for the rest of my stay on I.S.R., I will be dotting my I’s (with tittles) and crossing my X’s and everything should go smoothly. I’m keeping as busy as I can by doubling down on community service throughout the weekend, and well, that’s about it. I do get to go shopping in a few minutes, and I have a meeting tonight so the day should fly right on by.

You know something, I’m fascinated by technology, and I just spent the last three minutes trying to decide which dictionary I wanted to install with Word, and when I made the decision, it took my computer four seconds to download the entire English language. That’s unflappable (it came with a thesaurus, too).

Well, that’s it. I’m keeping this one short and sweet. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...