Sunday, February 14, 2016

I Can See Pee-Pee Now



Some of you may have noticed that there are now advertisements on my blog pages now. Well, you are very perceptive. I thought I’d try my hand at making money blogging. So far, I’ve made $1.74 over the past two weeks, so technically, I’m a paid author now! I knew I’d make it. Here’s the deal, I’m not going to make much money unless you click on the ads. I don’t care what you do from there, it only counts for me that you click on them. I’m going to see how famous and rich I become over the next few weeks and when I decide it’s a complete failure, I will take down the ads. But for now, please assist me in becoming the fat rich bastard I deserve to be! Click!


Sometime last week I was driving someplace, I really can’t recall when or where, and I Can See Clearly Now, by Johnny Nash came on the radio. Now I like this song but I haven’t heard it in a while, I’ll fill you in on that in just a second. Now, I like this song, a lot, especially this original version. No matter where or when it comes on I can’t help but feel exhilarated. I do remember it was a cold, melancholy day but I just felt like it was beautiful out, if only for two and a half minutes. What I found particularly energizing was thinking about the last time I heard it, on the prison transport bus from St. Cloud to Moose Lake. 


Now if ever there was an inappropriate time for that song to be played, this was that time. “Look all around, there’s nothing but blue skies. Look straight ahead, there’s nothing but blue skies.” Well, not on this particular vehicle. All around me was cold, grey, steel mesh, which covered up the frosted windows. We couldn’t see in any direction.  I was the lucky one that got to sit shotgun. And what I mean by that is that I got to sit next to the open urinal, and nearly everybody had to get up and pee during the two-hour trip. It was interesting to watch grown men, bound at wrist and ankle, shuffle up the aisle of a moving bus, then fumble with their maternity pants…. I remember this now. We had trouble getting the elastic band far down enough because our wrists could only go so far down. It was quite a skill to not urinate on one self… Anyhow, all of this transpired less than three feet from where I was seated. It was a terrible ride, but it got me to Moose Lake. 



I don’t transition well, so, the diet that I’m on is pretty easy to comply with because it doesn’t exist. Now, since I have very little self-control when it comes to food, my diet starts at the grocery store. This week I decided to buy only things that would be cooked in meals other than a few quick breakfast items. If I buy bags of chips or crackers, those are the first things to go, and I end up having to cook meals for lunch during the week, which I prefer not to do. Case and point in reference to my lack of self-control, I purchased a bag of croutons for my salads that I now make for dinner 3-4 times per week. I calculated that I could get five servings from the bag which would be perfect because it would motivate me to eat another salad (covered in ranch dressing) this week, and eliminate my need to deep fry another meal. Well, about 12 minutes after I arrived at home, I had consumed the entire bag of delicious, seasoned croutons at a whopping 700 calories. I call that meal, middle-lunch. I’m glad I didn’t buy the 10 bags for $10 deal they had going on at Cub, I would have been a mess. 


So there you are, three posts in three days. It’s really easy to get these out using a keyboard instead of my phone. Happy Valentine’s Day to all you ladies out there!

If you haven't ever done so, you can start reading this blog from the first post here


And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...