Sunday, January 29, 2017

dogCATcher

I only gave the post that title because I thought the word itself was ironic. I mean, the word cat, right in the middle like that, just neat. Looking at it now, I can't even seem to pronounce it correctly in my head because of the emphasis of the capital letters, and I hope you're having trouble with it, too. Man, what a CATastrophe.
Today I went to the one and only Saintly City Cat Show at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul. I had never been to a cat show before, but I had been looking forward to this adventure for weeks, and I was not let down. Yesterday, I went to the Maplewood Mall with Heather and we stopped into Spencer Gifts where she found me the lovely garment you will see below. Sadly, there were very few people who dressed the part of the cat-show roadie. People seemed to enjoy my hat, especially the lady at the coffee shop where we stopped to re-lubriCATe our bodies with energy before seeing the cats. I decided that throughout the day, I would try to communiCATe clever CATchphrases to my friends, but I didn't do very well.
Anyhow, I decided to write this post which will consist of mostly pictures, because it truly was an experience, and I pledged that pictures would be a more substantive part of this blog.

 Yeah, these pictures all uploaded in a strange, random order, so this guy made it to the top of the pile. Whatever this is, it really happened at the cat show.
 Strangely, this is what the majority of the cats looked like.





 This is Mason, my camera gave him blue lips!
 The coolest cats had an odd fascination with the hat you'll see me in below.


 None of the pictures we had taken today captured all five of us.
 This was my favorite cat in the show. He was a Brown Somethingorother, and he was quite friendly. Also, he retailed at $1,200.

 This is Heather doing her famous levitation trick, photo-bombing this cat-man.
 Heather, Mikey, and me.





 This guy got my little green ticket, which attendees gave to their favorite cats for some sort of tally.
These cats, much like many of the people attending the show, were unique.
As expected, the people ranged from normal to fanatic, and I think we were right down the middle. We were yelled at by one particularly mean woman when we got too close to the cages containing the cats that were currently being judged, but that was as far as it went. Some people just really love cats, and some people only have cats in their lives, and she was not the former. Overall, it appeared that everybody was just there to have a good time, make a little money, and show off a few good CATs. I will go again next year.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...