Monday, January 23, 2017

Vinting


What in the fuck is going on with you people? I’ve never seen such disrespectful, uneducated commentary since I was in prison. I’m talking about outright verbal attacks over Facebook regarding political views. Frankly, it’s disgusting, and cowardly. I still haven’t seen one good point from a Trump supporter either.

There is one big difference between verbally assaulting somebody over social media, and orally challenging a person’s views behind bars; you’ll get your ass whooped if you’re not careful. I think that’s what this country is missing; good old fashioned beat-downs. With everybody cutting each other down from a distance, regardless of age, gender, color, abilities or disabilities, or all of the other variables we have these days including sexual orientation, gender association, etc. there is no real chance to defend oneself against these monsters with Trump-like mentalities. For a while there I thought the whole school bully thing was a joke. I mean, when I was a kid, when the school bully fucked with me, I chased him and threw rocks at him until I hit him in the head and made him cry. I thought that these days about the same thing was going on, but it appears to have gone to a whole new level. I could be wrong, but I think it’s called trolling. Anybody want to help me on this?

What I’m trying to say is that there’s no real platform to fight back against these Trump supporters because when their fraudulent misinformation is brought into light, and the monster is revealed, they simply pack up and leave a conversation; remaining mute like they should have done in the first place. I’ve seen some pretty awful stuff. I’ve seen some iffy threat-level threads, and I’ve seen old women attacked for their views by either children, or adults with a child-like mentality.

My family consists of more women than men. It’s safe to say that most of those women were at one or more of the various women’s marches this week, and I couldn’t be more proud to say that. I would have been there, too, but my work schedule did not allow for that. I keep seeing their posts with pictures from their marches, and am grateful that no tormenter has honed in on these honored moments. I’m not a violent man. Hell, I’m not much of a fighter. But I do value the protection of family at any cost. And I’m grateful that I haven’t yet had to hand out my address over social media to some troll trying to beat down someone that I love.

I have to say this, as much as I detest the fact that a pussy-grabbing, orange baboon of a man was somehow elected by less than half of the popular vote, I still respect and appreciate the opinion of every man, woman, or otherwise associated, of every race, all of the time. In fact, that’s a great part of this country for now; everybody has a voice. How long will that last under the Trump regime? I’ll leave that question unanswered.

So, am I suggesting violence as a justified means of fighting back? No. I was only stating what I think; my opinion. But these trolls are taking over the internet, and they’re having a negative impact on vulnerable people, and soon enough, it will affect you if it hasn’t already. A good rule of wrist when it comes to bullying is; ignore them and they will go away eventually. Don't antagonize them, and they will run out of steam.

I can’t go on any longer on this topic. I’m not a political person, and I wasn’t even eligible to vote because I’m a dirty convicted felon (I would have written in Obama for a third term). It makes me sick seeing so many terrible people out there, and it can only get worse with a president who supports sexual assault, greed, and gender inequality.

Just try to focus on the things you love for the next four years, and see if we can’t get a real human as president again.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...