Wednesday, September 7, 2016

365

Today is my 365th straight day as a free man. One year ago tomorrow I graduated the Challenge Incarceration Program of the Minnesota Department of Corrections at Willow River, or CIPMNDOCWR for short. I'm sure I am some sort of statistic now, and possibly for the first time in my life, I'm a good statistic.

Not all of my squad made it this far, in fact, one of them was added to the Wanted Fugitive list on the third of this month, just five days before the end of I.S.R. Of course, I had a minor setback myself, but it isn't going to change the course of my life, only hinder it in a minor way for 30 more days. Three of the 16 graduates of India 16 are either fugitives, or back in custody. I suppose that isn't too bad overall.

I have made incredible progress in my life and I am grateful I had the opportunity to correct my ways. The next few weeks I will spend training at my new job with Levy Restaurants, and fine-tuning my conclusion for the e-book version of the first year of the co-blog, so I will not have much time to publish much new material. I invite you to read some of my more popular posts, as my homepage will offer to you, or take the time and for check out the beginning with the link provided above.

At this very moment, one year out, I'm sitting on some stairs at the Xcel center, waiting to start this amazing new opportunity. And this is where I will end this simple post, and bid you farewell for now.

Until next time.....

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...