Friday, June 17, 2016

A.C., Pizza, Murder, and The President

For a little under a week I had a great life. That has all changed as a significant event occurred causing irrevocable damage to my existential being. Things will never be the same unless I make a drastic change, or maybe just a phone call.

Never in my lifetime have I owned a car that had had air conditioning or power windows. Two weeks ago I bought one of those A.C. refill kits, and it actually worked! With the touch of a button I could make my car cold inside. Sadly, after six days, the refrigerant leaked out through a crack in a coolant line somewhere and when I try to refill it again it just hisses out. I even tried some fancy stop-leak stuff, and it failed. I had it all, and it slipped away.

In the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal. First world problems are a real bummer sometimes, I would know. I hate heat, and I hate sweating, that's why I bought a gym membership- I wanted to run in A.C. But it would have been even better to finish a run and be able to drive home in a cold car. Oh well. There are more important things I could write about.


For instance, I'm sitting at a desk at work right now eating an entire Davanni's pizza. The boss ordered lunch for everybody today, and I chose a medium veggie lovers. Now, I'm also a bacon lover, so I added that. And that brings me to the Orlando incident. I'm not calling it a massacre because too many things come to mind when I think of that word. I'm not playing it down, it was a tragedy. It's pathetic to think how many actions could have been taken by our government or even the perpetrator's wife, to prevent this. It's not the first nor the last mass shooting in this country, and in many countries these things happen daily, we just don't see it on the news because let's face it, Prince, The Kardashians, and I'm sure a shiny new tooth in a rapper's mouth are more entertaining.

I could go on and on but I don't have all of the facts. I'm not entirely sure anybody does, but it seems these days things are reported before any real evidence is gathered. Every news station wants to be the first to report people getting killed, and what terrible thing our Presidential candidates have done or said. I can't stand it.

I haven't read more than a couple headlines or watched a single news-related show in years. I may not be up to date on politics, but I'm a pretty anger-free guy.

Right years ago, through some miracle, my rights had been restored and I was legally able to vote for the first time in my life. I was excited because a certain candidate really caught my attention. He focused on himself and what he could do for our country, and not what the opponent did wrong. Today, I no longer have the right to vote and I couldn't be happier.

So there are a few topics to consider. I sort of jumped all over. I'm at work and I think this is where I am least creative. I'll write something with more substance (abuse) tomorrow.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...