Thursday, April 21, 2016

etc...

It's Thursday morning and I'm exhausted. Yesterday went very quickly, but it took a lot our of me.

I started work at 6, but I had been up since before 5 kicking nothing with restless legs. I was very busy at work. I don't sit while I work, and I worked straight through all of my breaks. My Fitbit says I walked over seven miles and took over 13,000 steps while I was at work.

I punched out at two and walked six blocks to catch the train to the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, where I was due for a routine exam. I'm always so worried about being late for anything, that I arrived with 45 minutes to spare. I checked in, handed her some new insurance information, and slumped over in a chair. I will be as early next time, and I will wait nearly an hour as I did this time, but I will never be late.

Anyhow, I was greeted by a Dentist, not a student, and told that I would be in and out in under an hour. I liked the sound of that. I sat in the chair which began to recline as we went over the basics as is the standard for any medical visit. She looked over my information from my previous visits, and she went to town.

45 minutes later I was all cleaned up. She said I had been taking care of my teeth, which I was happy to hear from a professional, because I have. I had no cavities or even any areas of concern, so we parted ways.

I've been paying insurance for months and I hadn't used it. The original plan was to use it to see a Doctor about my RLS, but I don't know how to call  a Doctor so I just deal with it. Anyhow, my insurance covered the whole visit which was great because I have a lot of expenses coming up and I thought I'd be out $100.

Fast forward a bit, it's just before 6pm and I head out for the last session of my fourth step workshop. The last part of this "fearless and searching moral inventory" deals with sex. Well, I've got a few pages to write and I'll just leave it at that. (Right this moment I found out Prince died, RIP.)

Ten minutes after that lets out, I go upstairs to where I chair my home group. It's been my favorite part of every week for a long time now. As usual, it's a great meeting and I leave with a sense of happiness. I make the short drive to The Nook on Randolph and Hamline where we suffer through slow service and have a blast playing cards against humanity. It's been a long day and I'm somewhat relieved that I have to be home by 10:30 according to the law.

I sleep, fitfully at best.

I'm awake at 5am again. I toss. I turn. Fuck it. I watch a few episodes of Its Always  Sunny, and I get ready for the day. I drive to the Firestone shop by my work to get an oil change and to have them make sure nothing will fall off or explode on my road trip this Sunday. I get a call saying everything checks out except for the front brakes. Sweet, I can afford to have that done.

And here we are now at 12:50pm, Thursday afternoon. These days, weeks, and months have been flying by. I wish I could make the fun parts last longer but I can't, so I will just try to enjoy them even more.

I am really pumped for Sunday down in S.E.MN. Food. Fun. Friends. That's what it's all about.

I'm tired. I'm done writing. 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...