Thursday, April 28, 2016

Selfless



adjective
concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish.

I’m going to keep this post short because I need all of you to help me out a little. Well, not me, my aunt Connie.

I wrote recently about a friend that died of cancer. Well this post is about a hero of mine who has so far survived all that cancer has thrown at her. Unfortunately, I was off doing bad things and in prison during her entire battle with the illness. I am here now, and I’m here to help.

A month ago she made a Relay for Life page and asked for donations to help out with medical bills, and other expenses associated with having a potentially terminal disease. Well, unfortunately, only one person donated, and she had to put out another request for help today. I am asking all of you who read this to please click this link and read a little about her journey over the past several years. And if you are able to do so, please give what you can. I know the minimum suggested donation is $35, and if you can give more, that would be awesome, if you can only give $20 or even $10, I assure you she would appreciate it. The page shows a goal of $500 but I think we can get over that by the end of the day.

It seems these days everybody knows somebody who is in some way affected by cancer. Please help me help her. Click the link above. Thank you.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...