Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day

I started writing a post about the election today, but I really don't care about politics. I care enough to cut and paste a few things I like onto my FB page, but I won't chime-in when people argue over anything I have posted. But just to be clear, I posted a picture of a floating pig from a Roger Waters concert with some anti-Trump verbiage on it, not because of my political agenda, but because as a person, I believe Donald Trump is a racist, sexist pig.

That's as political as I get, and although I don't care too much about others opinions about politics, it will be nice to start following people on Facebook again that seemed to cut and paste all day long their views on one candidate or the other. 


This is Roger Waters, one of my musical heroes. I'm going to see him in July which will be the second time in my life that I have seen the legend probably best known for his work with Pink Floyd. He, unlike me, is very political and outspoken when it comes to government. And that's all I know about politics. 

I'm here at the laminating factory after a three-day weekend, and I couldn't be happier. Ha ha ha ha ha. That was a joke. I am actually suffering from a moderate to severe cold, and I would rather be on the couch, but I can't afford to take days off for no reason.

Since the last time I worked, last Friday, two people have quit. Now, for a company that has roughly eight full-time employees, that's quite a hit. One of them found a new job driving semi-trucks and left after being stuck here for over five years. The other had just recently started and was berated in front of everybody yesterday when I wasn't here. He was told by one of the owners that he needed to grow up, that this job was more important than any other, and that he would be replaced as soon as possible. The employee left for lunch and never came back.


If I haven't mentioned it before, this particular boss is a massive douche bag. He's voting for Trump because he agrees with the whole wall thing, and doesn't like minorities, for any reason. After the employee walked out, the boss promptly told everybody that he wad a sex- offender and would never amount to anything. So that's great.

If it didn't pay so well, I wouldn't be here. To be fair, the employee in reference was late every day, and left early regularly to be on time for his other job. He also didn't seem to do any work, and I personally didn't care for his work ethic. But that doesn't mean he deserves to be called out in front of everybody.

I have to get back to work, so I will conclude with this funny picture.






And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...