Saturday, February 25, 2017

Moore


Recently I started posting my blog in a Facebook page I created, and the results are in: few people are reading. I’m not going back to regular FB, I’m going to ask for your help, though. If you happen to read this, or any of my other posts from now on, please take the time to like or share it, helping me spread it around. I saw I had 22 page-views from Russia yesterday, which means somebody—hopefully Putin—read 22 of my posts. That was exciting.

I’m off today. I only work two more days and then I am off for roughly a week, which will be nice, but will still have to be filled in with spotty work at the laminating factory. I wish I could just take unemployment, for which I am eligible when there’s no work, but technically I have to be available to go in, even if it is to stand around and do grunt work. The worst part about the factory is just that: it’s a factory. It’s loud, smelly, and there are no windows. One of the bosses is pretty fun to talk with, the other is pretty widely known as a massive douchebag, avid Trump-supporter, and prime example of what is truly wrong with America.

I watched Michael Moore’s most recent film, Where to Invade Next? If you’re a republican, 1%er, or otherwise privileged and white, you’ll probably hate it, even though the message is powerful, and shines a light on what this country used to stand for. It’s on Amazon Prime, and I give it all five Vince-Stars, which is a complicated, star-based rating system that I just now created. By contrast, I give my blog only 4.2 stars, so I have some work to do.

The film follows a much-fatter-than-last time Michael Moore to several countries around the world where he interviews citizens, corporate C.E.O.s, employees of famous companies, and teachers on a wide variety of subjects including vacation time, public schools, free college, food, union labor, standard workweek, and so much more. The interviews are shocking, and Moore’s goal is to take these aspects from around the world, and claim the ideas for America, to really make it great again. I really liked it, and I hope you watch it.

And speaking of your filth bag president, what the fuck is going on in the white House? How has this man still in office? From barring the media from a briefing, to fucking with gender equality, to spending our money on golf trips, all just in this week, something has to stop him from making this country uninhabitable. I can’t comprehend how anybody could protect his views, thoughts, or ideas on how to “fix” our country. I’m just at a loss. You just can’t throw the rights of the people out the window, and deport anybody with dark skin and hope all your troubles go away. If you voted for him, you’re okay with racism, sexism, and greed. Just know that.

Ugh. It’s hard not to think about the damage he’s causing, and the danger he represents. It’s even harder to know that somehow people still support him. You can’t change their minds, just like you can’t change ours. That’s tough to accept, but it’s the truth, and it’s only causing stress and discord in our society, which is clearly separating our country, making it divided again. Maybe that’s what he wants: divide, segregate, eliminate. If you think that’s far-fetched, I have some references I can show you later about a certain type of people that were eliminated as a result of a dictator.

Well, that’s enough of that! I really hate politics, but I love the idea of the melting-pot of our country, the foundation of the free-world, more than I hate Trump, so I have to write about it instead of recovery every now and then.  And that’s it for now.

 

 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...