Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Mo Money


I started this week with a shift at the laminating factory, with the assumption that it would add to the four-day schedule I had upcoming at the Xcel Center to make a full workweek. This was all based on the tentative schedule they had up for us the last time we worked, almost two weeks ago. When I got to work today, I saw that I had 12 straight days before my next day off, and only three days away from the kitchen for the rest of February. I should have taken the day off yesterday. No matter, I’m now on a 13-day workweek and I have some long shifts to conquer and some specialty menu nights, and some dinners aside from the old standard stuff I prepare in my restaurant.

I’ve all but given up on the Amazon job. They seem to have taken a position of silence when it comes to my requests for communication. I’ve stated that saying no is a lot better than saying nothing, but they have not replied. So, I will continue to email them on a regular basis until they say something; anything, really.

Back to my current job, I finally got my raise and promotion, and its effects are substantial, which is why I’m working so many days in a row. The raise was also substantial, at $2 per hour. I will now be working days when there are special events and doing prep for those as well as being part of the service. So I will have a little more interaction with the higher-up staff, and I will have a little more contact with the customers, both features of my new title of which I am quite content. More hours, more experience, and more getting to know the business will surely put me in line for the next promotion, which I have already been talked to about. As it turns out, they really want me to stay there, and they are proving it. Unfortunately, I still won’t have any benefits for the imaginable future, which could have an impact on my desire to commit to them. I suppose I can afford to be patient, but I cannot wait endlessly.

What else? Yes, things are going really well with Heather. I don’t write too much about it because I like to tell her the nice things I could be writing about her. You’ll get updates every now and then, but don’t expect a play-by-play like you got when I was locked up, or really every minute since.

So, I suppose I’ll cut this post short. Spring, I can’t wait for spring.

 

 

 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...