Saturday, February 4, 2017

Mixed Tape 2017


This morning I woke up at 5:20. It was a voluntary act, but it was brought upon by the evil noise that is my alarm. I had to get my mom to the airport by six, but I was so excited to try my new coffee from J&S Coffee, that I allotted myself some spare change to brew myself a strong cup of pour-over with my Osaka brewing set. It worked. The coffee was fantastic, and the active ingredient was powerful.

My mother is off to Belize, a country on the eastern coast of Central America. Clearly she has the travel-bug, as she has not even finished writing about her last trip which was roughly two months ago. As I frequently acquire new readers through social media, and through friends of friends, I would like to share this link to her most recent blog post, which has an imbedded link to the beginning of the current series of posts which narrate her travels through Malta and Italy. And if you’ve never done so, you can start at the very beginning by clicking here and reading about our journey through life, separately, but together.

For some reason, you people just love it when I throw a mixed tape together, and I haven’t done that for quite some time. Unfortunately, I’m unaware of any other way than through YouTube to share these songs with you, so it’ll have to do. My taste in music varies as much as my taste in food, so you probably won’t like everything, but I promise I will only put in one “dud.” Here goes.





5.       dud

6.       Pink Floyd-If


8.       Chutes and Ladders-Korn






 

And there you have it. I tried to incorporate some of the classics from some of the artists we lost last year in with some new stuff and a few odds and ends. I hope you like it, and I hope you take some time to follow the links above to read some good blog material. That’s all for now!

 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...