Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Area 51

I'm so sorry to any of you who found this post via internet search looking for information regarding the popular alien hot-spot in the desert. This post has nothing to do with extraterrestrial lifeforms, its title is solely based on the fact that this is my 51st post on this blog. If you happen to keep reading through your disappointment, you may find what you see more interesting than aliens provided once we actually discover life elsewhere in the galaxy, it turns out to be something small and boring like bacteria, not the bi-pedal, green, two-eyed freaks like you see in movies.

I am sitting at work on my lunch break and I actually have no idea what this post is going to be about, only that I wanted to get new material out there because my stats are low over the past few days. I'm off to a good start though as I have killed two paragraphs writing about absolutely nothing important. Well, back to work for now!

3:08pm This is my last 15 minute break of the day. I've not been laminating too much today, rather I've been helping the boss take apart and fix

6:10pm Okay, done with work. I was helping the boss fix the gigantic UV machine. I'm not good at things like that but I sure am good at nodding in agreement and saying the name of a part almost at the same time he does but just behind so he thinks I know what a hámmer is or a "bolt".

As we were working, overhead the speakers were playing classic rock. You know those same 200 songs they've been playing since the early '80s? They still play them, and I know all of the words! Well, anyhow, I'd like to mention this: At some point in the history of the world, somebody who is in charge of finding talent pointed to Bob Seger and said, " That man's got talent." Then, even worse, somebody even higher up agreed with him, and told Bob Seger he should sing on the A.M. radio, or whatever they had back then. I would post a link for his music here but then people might click on it, then Bob Seger might see an influx of interest in his "music" and think that people wanted to hear more of it. Well, to the man that discovered Bob Seger I say, "Fuck you!" If I ever see you I will slap you right in the face because you did a bad thing to our world. And that's enough on that subject.

6:30pm I leave the house right on time for one of my four hour blocks of free time. As I'm walking to my car I see what looks like an undercover police car not quite in front of our house, but close. Seeing a break in traffic, I bolt across the street and get in my car and go. The suspicious car whipps a shitty and pursues me. Uh oh. I make my way up Grand hill, around the big bend, and up just past Dale St. when my phone rings.... It's the restricted number I'm accustomed to seeing when my agents call. I answer but I don't hear anything. I put my right turn blinker on, and I make the turn on the street of my favorite sushi joint, Saji-ya. It happens to be a one-way street and I'm now going the wrong direction. Even better, I have tricked my agent into following me down the street, and he has now trapped me in-between his car and a random motorist. I break out in laughter and just sit there. This is fun. The random motorist backs up, and I proceed to turn left into an empty parking space so I could turn around and I look behind me and see my agent has actually taken a right into the alley behind me, which I did not see. Off to a bad start. So I back it up into the alley and reverse park next to the place where he's waiting for me. I roll down my window and we just stare at eachother. I smile and wave at him and he cracks. He laughed for the first time ever and says, "What was that?" And all I could say was, "I don't know man, I took one wrong turn and it went to shit from there."  And the rest of the visit took two minutes and went smoothly.

I didn't get nervous or flustered like I could have. I knew I hadn't done anything worth a trip back to prison, and my agent acknowledged that I'm working a good program so he wouldn't write me up for the wrong way down a one way ordeal. It's strange how everything can appear to be normal and then suddenly be so catastrophic, but there it was.

I had another fun night out with my Wednesday night friends. It's 11:13pm and I have to work early tomorrow so I will end these random paragraphs now.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...