Tuesday, July 19, 2016

This, That, and the Other.

I haven't written anything about me for a while. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here because my life really isn't that fascinating anymore, but I feel compelled to keep you all in the loop.

This very moment I'm in the break room at work. I have just finished a sandwich I made before I left the house, and I am at a table listening to two people devouring their microwaved lunches. It's a catastrophe.

Human lips serve many purposes, one of which makes it possible for things to stay in your mouth like food and noises. Neither of the two employees at this table are using their lips properly, but I can't help being fascinated by the situation. It's like they're having a contest to see who can make the worst noise and they are both in first place. But I digress.

Me. So I've been either going to the gym or running for about 40 days straight.... Shit, I skipped Sunday. So I've been going to the gym or running every day since yesterday and I am seeing some results. I don't mean that I can see new muscles, I mean I can see a change in endurance and strength. On Friday I ran a 5K in 29 minutes, that's twice around Como lake. Now that's not going to get me in the Olympics, but it's pretty damn good compared to where I started (again) a month ago. Also, for the first time in my life, even at boot camp, I can bench press my body weight. Actually, I can bench about 20 over my weight, and I keep going up. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

The Quandary: I have heard a lot of comments from you folks and I am happy to keep going with it. It's quite an experience making something out of nothing. It brings me to a dark place, but I know it's fantasy and I can take myself away from it when I choose. Although each post is connected in some way, I like to think 1-10 have their own uniqueness and a story that only belongs to it. That sentence makes sense to me, how did you do with it? I’m starting to see that I’m straying away from reality a little more each time, and I think that’s forward progress.

Hey, I’m home now! What a long day at the laminating factory. I went to the gym after work and ran on the treadmill for a bit and now I have no plans for the rest of the evening so I think I’ll take Willie out for a stroll or out back for a little fetch, who knows.

I really can’t think of anything else I think you need to know about yet but I promise to let you know anything important. But for now, I will keep on writing the Quandary, and see where it goes. Peace.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...