Saturday, December 3, 2016

NoFundMe?


A few people were interested, if not appalled by the story of my first time using meth, and some of those people wondered about the end of that tale which I did not include in that post. Well, here it is. That link is a post on the original blog, Breaking Free. The post itself is a recreation of a treatment assignment I wrote while I was incarcerated in Willow River, that I rewrote once I was out in the real world a short time later. It’s a sad narrative but very expressive of my life at the time. The disheartening stories seem to be trending on my blog recently, so I think I’ll keep this one a little on the light side.

I’ve written a few paragraphs, but can’t seem to nail down any one idea. So, I’ll take this time to make another attempt at promoting my campaign on GoFundMe. I have raised $178, and I am very grateful for everything that my followers have donated, but did you know that people have far worse causes and are raising much more money than I have with even less of a fan base?

 Joe Campbell of parts unknown lost $137,000 overnight on E-Trades, and found himself in financial chaos. He turned to the crowdfunding site, and asked for the public to help. The community was generous with their money, but not liberal enough He raised $5,000 in a matter of days. All I’m asking for is one-fifth of that amount, and I’m coming up short. So what do I have to do? What is it that you people want from me? I’ve shared my link on the almighty Facebook repeatedly, and some people have gone as far as to like the link that I’ve shared, but that’s it. I’ve posted the link in many recent blog posts. And I’ve sent out a mass-text. My next step has to be going from door-to-door, which I haven’t done since I was a teenager delivering take-out menus for the local Thai restaurant. I’m at a loss. Maybe I need to face-lift the campaign itself, to make it more appealing to my audience. That’s something to think about.

 

This post is severely short, and it’s taken me nearly two hours to type what I have. My FitBit says I only slept for one hour and fifty-one minutes last night, so that’s my excuse; I’m tired.

What awful resolution.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...