Monday, November 16, 2015

Two Rough Days

This is the second time I will have written this. I somehow erased the whole post I just wrote. So, here goes.

   The day after Mollie told me she didn't want to see me anymore, I walked out on my mom after she said something that made me feel like I wasn't wanted here. Two days in a row, the two women I was closest to, pushed me away. One of them maybe even pushed me down a little. 

    After I left the house illegally, I walked for an hour or maybe two to the Goodwill to do my community service. Along the way I contemplated the meaning of life, the concept of diffusion which I find fascinating, and what the fuck could be so wrong with me. I had to ask myself if I am happy with myself.

    To that question, I can only answer yes. Fuck, I have survived my life. Nobody has ever done that before. I have been through more shit than Andy Dufrane. And the thing is, if I'm beating myself up over losing a girl, and having a fight with my mom, then I'm really gonna hate high school. I'm only nine weeks out of prison, and I haven't had one bit of trouble with my agents, I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, I got a raise at work today without even asking for one, and I brought a tomato to work
Today instead of an apple by accident. Life isn't so bad.

     While I was at work I got a message from my mom asking if we could talk. I said yes, and we had dinner and a discussion. It didn't go well, we got into a fist fight and we stabbed each other..... No, no, no. It went just fine. She's my mom, and were living together, again, sharing 800 square feet. We're different, but we can work together and things will be good.

     I would like to thank a few of you who have made the effort to express their words of wisdom and experience regarding my situation. It is/was of more help than I let on, I assure you. Thank you. You know who you are.

     That's all for tonight. Peace in.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...