Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A brief history of myself.

For those of you just picking up this new blog of mine, allow me to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a 37 year old single male living in St. Paul, MN. I don't normally like to brag, but I just got out of prison and I live with my Mom.


I've been writing since the beginning of my incarceration in late June of '14. The original blog was roughly half written by me, and the other half written by my mother although it was all typed by her from my handwritten letters from prison. 


It's not just a story of me in prison. It's a story of my life from two different perspectives, and its interspersed with some of her past and present. We have both been through more than our fair share of hardships, but mine were all as a result of my own actions.

Breaking Free is where it all began. This is where it continues. I have a lot still to tell, and I want to elaborate on some of my most popular stories. I may weave in and out of different times in my life but I will always keep it fun and funny, and the main goal is to deter the future alcoholic/addict from travelling down the same back alley of a life that I did.

I have been out of prison for nearly two months now and am finally starting to feel comfortable around people and all the chaos of the daily grind. I attend three 12 step based meetings per week, all that I am allowed to go to as my schedule is controlled by I.S.R. (Intense. Supervised. Release.) Essentially house arrest. I can go to work, three meetings, a two hour shopping pass, a four hour free pass, and four one-hour blocks of exercise per week. That's all. The agents come see me about four times per week at home or work. I take breathalyzers and drug tests routinely.

It's a tight leash but I'm intent on not going back. Prison is a horrible place where most people seem to only get worse. I was one of the lucky ones that went through the Challenge Incarceration Program, a boot-camp environment where I went through a complete life transformation that lasted six months. You can read all about it at Breaking Free, and I will continue to slip memories into new posts as they pop into my head.

If you like what you read, please share this blog with friends and family, as almost anybody knows somebody that could benefit from my life story. Thank you, and enjoy my blog.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...