Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Now That Was A Trip

The best way to do it is lie down on the couch, turn off all forms of light, and then cover yourself with a blanket. Kind of like a sensory deprivation chamber, homemade. Of course first you have to snort the stuff, and let me tell you than nothing I have ever come across has been anything nearly as painful. Nothing is as pathetic as watching yourself in the mirror after snorting just .1 grams of dried Ketamine, an animal tranquilizer.

The burn starts immediately and you want to pull it all back out but it's too late. You paw frantically at your face but you can't reach the place behind your eyes. And most importantly, you have to get to the chamber before the drug kicks in or you're unable to get the full effect, and you literally can't move.

The visuals were intense my first time. I laid back, closed my eyes, and suddenly everything was green, just like in the dreams I would have 20 years later in jail when detoxing from meth. I began to spin, but not like a dizzy drunken mess, but a slow spiral into the couch that suddenly opened up into a whole new world.

What felt like hands easing me downward started to actually appear and gently twirl me around. Everything was brilliantly green now, like night vision, and that's when the teddy bears welcomed me to their den. They were so happy and cheerful. They didn't say a word, they just floated around me while the hands began to take me on a flight. I knew it was an illusion but I didn't want to try to control it because sometimes that messes up the visuals, and once they're gone, its not the same. Unknown structures passed me by and the bears left for home. Green turned into darkness as my guiding hands began to lift me up.

I knew I was on the couch, but I knew that I wasn't quite there yet. Not until the sun poked its head through the blanket and a voice called to me, "Are you alright?" And just like that, it was over. My friend had come to check up on me, Ketamine can be quite dangerous. In a period of less than 20 minutes I had been tranquilized and come back to reality. It took only another 20 minutes to recover completely. That was the only time I experienced that level of trip on any drug, and I will remember it forever. I tried many times after that but was too drunk to stay unfocused.

I don't ever want to romanticize my drug use. The end result is what counts, but I did have some fun along the way. I have to throw in a little good with all the bad although to most of you that probably didn't sound like a good time.

I wish all of my readers a Happy Thanksgiving. This year will be a little more solemn for me than even last year in Moose Lake prison but at least I can go outside if I want to, and I can cook for myself which is the plan. Goodnight.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...