Thursday, November 22, 2018

The E-Book


I want to tell you all that I worked incredibly hard to make this thing possible. In a way I suppose I did because I lived the life that is the major subject of this book, but to turn those first few hundred posts into a book was all the work of people more technically intelligent than me, and a mother with much more experience in well grammar and edit good job. I can write what I'm thinking and feeling, but I passed college English with a B and use Microsoft Word to find big-word synonyms for expressions I expend else recurrently.

This post will be rather short, as it is intended to be an advertisement for the book that I have written about for a while now; for years, actually.

My hope is that not only will you buy the book, but you will read it and see that it is not just a story about recovery, redemption, and pain, but a great story about life. This isn’t just relatable to people in recovery or those who love them, it’s for anybody who likes to read.

I want you to buy it, read it, share the link to it, and rate it. I will never ask you to rate anything ever again, I promise, but good reviews can lead to more sales and really that’s the idea of writing a book.

We are fairly certain this isn’t going to make us a million dollars, but I think it’s a reasonable goal to sell 1,000 books with a side goal of making this paperback-available someday soon. So far, we are 986 books short of our goal, but it’s been live less than 24 hours.

So, here it is: This is the link to the Amazon Kindle version of the book, with more to follow. Please share this post on Facebook if you are a long-time follower who has read from the beginning, or somebody new to the blog. Every share helps. The Kindle app is free on Google Play, and the book reads nicely on a cell phone, laptop, or tablet.

Here is a link  to the paperback version, also available on Amazon.
Today is Thanksgiving, and it's the day we show gratitude to each other for what we do selflessly in our lives. Today I'm being selfish because I want to sell a book. I don't do this often because it's not worth it in the long run, so my next post will surely be about helping others and showing up with an attitude of gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving! 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...