Thursday, November 8, 2018

Big News


The midterms are finally done with, and Facebook is quiet. No gloating, no boasting, just pictures of kittens and couples. The holidays are fast approaching, and I hope everybody is done with their arguing, and ready to enjoy the lights and love of the various annual denominational fests, or whatever you choose to do with your time.

I’ve celebrated Christmas and Chanukkah growing up, and will continue to participate in both. I only celebrate the latter with my mom, but it has been a tradition for as long as I can remember, and hopefully someday soon, the girls will get into it as well. I’m sure they will soon realize that they will get another set of presents, and maybe even want to learn a little about another culture. In our home, we will celebrate Christmas, but it’s all just for show. We will get a tree; pretend Santa is coming, decorate the house inside and out, and exchange presents with pictures of sleds and reindeer on the wrapping paper. It’s not a religious thing for us, but it’s important for the girls because… presents. I guess that’s really it. Hmmm. I’ll have to think about that one.

 

 

I’ve been writing for over four years. My mother has been writing in this capacity for as long. We started a blog together, and we blog separately now, but the beginning was important. I believe that I’ve mentioned a few times that someday, the first year or so of our blog could be transformed into an e-book. Well, through a lot of hard work, dedication, a computer scientist, a copy editor, and time, the transformation is nearly complete. No kidding, before Christmas this year, my mom and I plan to publish and publicize an internet-based book with a little (a lot) of help from some great people. I’ve said it before, but I really mean it this time. I have in my possession the entire thing minus a few finishing details in e-book form. I would love to show it to you, but I’d much rather you paid for it. So, when the time comes, I will most definitely provide a link for you to do just that.

 

 

That’s about all I have for today. Winter is coming and there will be plenty of time to sit inside and write, but for now I need to be a responsible adult and get some laundry done. This is my exciting life. But this is so much better than doing laundry in prison.

 

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...