Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Babe-O


It’s already August. Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday I walked into the Lafayette Country Club for the first time with trepidation and had my interview. On the 8th of this month, it will have been 90 days. Labor Day weekend marks the end of the busy season for most restaurants, and that is just over a month away now: the children will be going back to school, and the world slows down again. I’m hoping that for me, I will be working fewer hours, which will also mean making the drive to the club less often.

I said in the beginning of this new adventure that I might be thinking about moving closer to the Lake Minnetonka area, and I still am, I just haven’t had time to think or move as my days off have been consumed by recovery, and…… somebody new in my life. I’ve been hesitant to write anything because this will be the third time since I started my new blog that I will have told you about a new lady in my life and I don’t want you thinking that I’m one of those whores that you see on the television shows. I’m not ready to give anything away just yet, but it is a very real result of this blog that we started talking, and it just kept going. That’s all for now on the topic, but I’ve broken the ice. We’ll see how she takes it, and I will proceed with caution.

Back to work: My arms and hands are riddled with burns, cuts, and blisters. Nearly all of the hair on my lower arms has been singed off and when it grows back it’s all thin and creepy, and the tip remains white and curly from the initial heat shock. I still love what I do, and I look forward to going into work—most days—every day (sometimes.) Back to what I said there before my hilarious word-play: I still love what I do. I love the challenge that each day represents, and I keep my cool under the most stressful of rushes when it is most important to do so. Once the busy season is done, I can start moving around to other stations and learning new things, so I can be ready to be even more useful once the busy season hits again.

For now, I will continue on the path that I have made for myself and enjoy the life that each day brings me. I have found that without anger and resentment, I am left with only happiness and love, and that is what I choose to bring into this world every day I wake up. Staying positive is the name of my game, and the game is good these days.

 

Until next time…

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...