Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Feast of Fantasy


We made it a year. About sixteen months ago I walked into a restaurant for a job interview and walked out with a dream. I saw the most beautiful woman I had—and have—ever seen, and I would take the job just to meet her. It was a terrible decision and I hate my job. No, no, that isn’t true at all. I love my job, and I love my girlfriend who happens to be that beautiful woman. Yesterday was our first official anniversary and we celebrated in grand fashion.

For her birthday which was ten days previous, I had purchased tickets to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival and a show inside called the Feast of Fantasy. During our holiday party earlier this year, we won a night’s stay at Hotel Minneapolis West End in St. Louis Park, so we finished our day on the rooftop looking over the Minneapolis skyline, and enjoyed a couple appetizers and she a few adult potions.

This post will be mostly pictures and a pretty cool video from inside the Feast of fantasy. It was the last show of the year, and they pulled out all of the stops, including dick and fart jokes. Those are my favorite.

Before I show off my pictures, I’d like to say that this was my first time at the RenFest, and it was really cool. It was nice to be in a place where people weren’t afraid to be who they wanted to be, even if it wasn’t themselves. If anything, we were the odd ones out, but nobody looked at us sideways; nobody made fun of us for the way we looked. I think the opposite is not so true outside those walls for people that are….you know, nerdy. I like most people, especially people who have fun.

So, we walked around in circles for a couple hours, watching people and spending money on various wares and fares, and of course, we had to have a turkey leg.
 

 
Don't worry, I will have some Photoshop work done to these pictures and send them to those I deem appropriate.
I tried on a kilt because when you are in Rome, you do as the Romans do. When you are at the Renaissance Festival, you try new things. Obviously, I look good.

 
This is the entrance to the feast. They primed us with some jokes and we played along. We were called in by name and we entered to our set tables. It was much smaller than I expected inside, but the size would have nothing to do with the event in the end. If I counted correctly, there were 72 attendees.
 
The fire-breathers were a dynamic trio of entertainment. Nothing they did would I ever want to try at home, but I will anyhow because it looked super easy. Also, I love the smell of gas, so I assume it tastes great as well.

Just a cool shot.

 
I had to resize this video to fit it onto this post. I hope it's viewable.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...