Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mini


It feels like a lifetime since I last sat down to write. In fact, it’s been just over a week. Much has transpired since my last post, all of it significant; probably why I haven’t had a chance to share it with you yet.

Former, and foremost, my relationship has taken some twists and turns, but somehow I feel as if I’ve had a chance to become closer to a soul than I’ve ever been. I’m not sure if anybody ever told me that relationships were easy, but I think at some point I must’ve thought it, and acted on it. I realized--maybe with a little help--that I need to put in some work, be self-sacrificing, and understand that my paradigm is not without imperfection. I am flawed—greatly so—but I continue to work on these defects so that I may show up responsible in a loving bond with another person.  

Next, some exciting news in my world of transportation: I bought a new car! That’s right; I no longer drive around in the bucket of bolts pictured below. I now maneuver around town in a 2007 Mini Cooper, also pictured below. Now, I had a bit of an advantage in the buying process because I happen to know the previous owner. Actually, she gave birth to me, which should serve as payment enough in my opinion, but I do actually have to make disbursements on it. Truly, this is the first time in my life where I’ve had to make a car payment. I’m an adult!

Already, as an adult, I have to pay to have a few things done, but again I will say how grateful I am to be in a position in which I can afford to do so. I remember so many times back in my “golden” days, driving around in vehicles that were not only illegal, but exceedingly hazardous to myself and those around me. On occasion, even the driver (me) was not in complete control, either nodding out from lack of meth, or swerving side to side as a result of extreme intoxication.

Things couldn’t be farther from that now. I am a fully licensed, insured, responsible motorist. I use my blinkers, something I wish more people did, and I rarely speed although it is a bit tougher with a six-speed manual to not want to. Here are some before and after pictures of my vehicles.


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Last, but certainly not least, I have been taking on more responsibility in A.A. Naturally, I cannot be too specific, but I can tell you that it has been fulfilling. I have a new sponsor and he helps me understand things in life, and in the Big Book. I call him when I’m experiencing life, and I think I have truly found a good match. My last sponsor was a good one, too, but we drifted apart, and I think this is for the best.

So, that’s all I’m going to report for now. I will try to get back into a groove with writing, but there are things in my life that have become more important. I hope you understand.

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...