Monday, July 17, 2017

Briefly


Hey there, strangers; it’s been a while.  Fifteen days ago I wrote my last post, and during this two-week break I’ve been a busy boy. Aside from working 50 hours per week, I like to walk my dog, eat at new restaurants, go to Twins games and workout six of seven days. Really it all sounds normal to the average Joe, but it’s all still kind of new to me. 

I plan on taking another long break between this post and the next because I need it. I need to spend a little more time living life and developing more material to write about. For example, this post really won’t be too significant because I had no idea of a direction when I opened up my laptop. I did play Words With Friends between the first and second paragraphs looking for some inspiration, but FA, AA, LOFTY, and RELIEVERS are not exactly the Tony Robbins of the blogging world. Now I have to find something to do between this and the next paragraph…

Well, I looked at Facebook and I discovered that most of my friends still hate Trump, police are finally shooting unarmed white people too, and accidental panoramic shots are hilarious. I’ve been trying to stay off of the mighty FB for a couple weeks now because really nothing good comes from it. I used to check my phone all the time to see if anybody liked (or loved!) anything I had posted recently, or anybody had anything constructive or meaningful to say about a blog post or political issue or science, but after a while I found myself constantly going to my phone for reassurance and it just wasn’t doing my life any good. From now on I will only post blog material and things that I think are hilarious, and I won’t even care if people like (or love!) them.

I would love to write something inspirational or related to recovery but I just don’t have it in me today. Maybe when I come back in two weeks, I will have something more substantial to write about. For now, all you need to know is that my life is going well, and my recovery from addiction and alcoholism is progressing each day into this new life that keeps me so busy I no longer have time to just watch Netflix and chill.

Actually, I think that is what I am going to do with the rest of my night. I will be back in a while with an update. Until then…

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...