Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Banana Penis


I reached under my prep table on the fry station today expecting to grab the top of a box of cooking wine to refill a plastic bottle I use to dispense it quickly when the time comes. What I found instead was a banana. It was no ordinary banana. It was black, but not broken. I didn’t know at first what it was because it kind of felt like a small human arm, but it wasn’t the right temperature. Trust me, I know the proper temperature of a small human arm (it's 165 degrees for a minimum of 15 seconds.) I looked and saw it had been there for a few days and I did what all men everywhere do next: I poked it. It had liquefied inside, and when I picked it up, it fell limply in my hand as if it were my own penis, although it was much larger and darker. I’ve never seen my own penis that close up.  I wonder if I should publish those last two sentences, or even this paragraph. Anyhow, I threw away the rotting banana, and I got to thinking; I really want to go to England to see David Gilmour.

About once a year since I sobered up, I Google David Gilmour concerts, and this is the first year aside from Live in Pompeii 2 that something came up. He’s playing as a guest at the O2 in London with Van Morrison and Pretty Things in December, and I am now free to roam about the world, and I have a travel bug that I got from my mom and I think it’s time to go somewhere.

The idea first came out of my mouth a couple weeks ago and I asked Amanda if we could go, and she said yes. She preliminarily asked for assistance with the girls while we would be gone, and it’s already covered. Amanda and I have gone back and forth over the idea a few times in a couple weeks, and we set a boundary for the price of an airline flight that would serve as a catalyst or a hindrance, and I have found something below that number which, I believe, means that we are going to go to Europe. I can’t believe I just typed that.

 

There are many days between now and December, and I haven’t purchased the tickets yet, but I can feel it. I mean that I believe that this is going to happen. Many of you know that I am a huge Pink Floyd fan. Well, I have seen Roger Waters a couple times, but I’ve always wanted to see David Gilmour in the flesh. Well, this could be the opportunity to go on an amazing vacation with the woman I love, and see a living legend. I will keep you all posted.

I planned on writing a full 700 words for this post but I ended up watching several YouTube videos, and time has escaped me. It is now time to make dinner for the girls and get myself to bed. Please comment on this post however you can if you have ideas, good intel on flights, or want to give me money for all of my hard work to help pay for all of this! J

And Counting

I remember vividly waking up at 5:19am, one minute precisely before the lights would come on; the indication that it was time to stand a...